This Privacy Notice sets out details about the way we process personal data that we collect from you and others and how we may use your information.
Last Updated [August 18, 2021]
Onrotate is a digital peer-to-peer Platform for luxury and contemporary fashion rental. In this notice and any linked information, references to ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’ are Onrotate. If you have any questions about the use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Collection Of Your Personal Data
We will collect, store and use the personal data provided by you so that we can manage our relationship with our Users. We may also collect personal data from other sources for purposes such as linking any social media accounts to your User’s profile. We will also generate information about you ourselves.
This notice is to inform you about what information we process about you and the ways in which we intend to use it. This notice applies to information we use throughout your membership with Onrotate, including any future changes to details we currently hold. To ensure we keep your information up to date and accurate it is important that you notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as they are known.
Types Of Personal Data We May Include:
- Your name, contact details, including email, postal address and telephone number, date of birth and gender;
- A detail of all your transactions on the Platform;
- A record of your messages through the User’s account dashboard;
- A record of any messages through our resolution centre;
- Photographs of you from your User’s profile or participation in our events; and
- Contact details for business continuity.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways through signing up via your existing social media or an online form you complete on our website.
Use Of Your Personal Data
The lawful basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the specific reason we have collected it for. We will collect personal data from you for the following reasons:
- Where we have your consent to do so;
- Where we need the personal data in relation to a transaction via our Platform you entered into;
- Where necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to collect the personal data from you; and
- Where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and is fair when balanced against your interests and rights.
Onrotate only holds personal data relating to our Users in the course of delivering Onrotate’s formal business activities.
Onrotate only collects the data required for authorised membership purposes or as required for the participation of Users in our activities and events. We also collect some data in seeking feedback from participants and Users or through the participation of others in social events we organise.
Storage And Retention Of Your Personal Data
Onrotate will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected, i.e., for the duration of your time working with us, or longer if it is needed, for resolution purposes as an example. We will hold your personal data in compliance with our usual records disposal practice procedures.
Disclosure And Sharing Of Your Personal Data
As part of your membership with us we will need to use and share your personal data internally.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties outside Onrotate where we have a lawful basis or legal obligation for doing so. This will include with third parties which provide services in support of our work such as IT processors.
Onrotate will not share your information for any commercial marketing purposes.
Onrotate recognises the importance of protecting personal and confidential information and we take due care to meet our legal duties and obligations.
Onrotate has sought to ensure that its small number of external data processors (IT support, financial & insurance institutions and service providers) have in place all reasonable technical, security and procedural controls required to protect personal data for as long as we are required to hold that information.
We will ensure you can exercise your rights in relation to the personal data you provide to us, as follows:
- Where we are relying on your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time by writing to us;
- You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us directly;
- You can ask us to update your personal data if it changes. In certain circumstances, you can request we erase the personal data we hold or ask us to stop or restrict processing if you have objections; and
- If you have any concerns relating to the use of your personal data, you may complain to us directly.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Regulator’s Office about our collection and use of your personal data. They can be contacted at JD House, 27 Stiemans Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001 or on their website (Information regulator (South Africa).